About the FOCUS! Halloween Costume Re-Creations Contest (Grades K-6): What is It?
Calling all students in Grades Kindergarten to Grade 6 studying at Canadian schools. Do you love being creative? Are you excited for Halloween? Do you want to do something great for the planet? If you answer “yes”, we’d love you to enter our FOCUS! Halloween Costume Re-Creations Contest.
It’s as easy as 1-2-3-4-5!
Think of what you want to wear as your Halloween costume this year.
Look around the recycling bin and your house for items you can put together to create your costume. The costume must be made from recycled goods or other existing items in the house. We recognize that you might need to use some tape to hold it together, but even there you might be creative with old wire, string, shoelaces, etc.
Take a photo.
Get permission from your parent or guardian to enter the contest by having them fill out and sign the consent form from this web page.
Submit your photo and permission form through our website by Nov. 1, 2019 at 11:59 pm.
Who Can Enter?
Students enrolled in Grades Kindergarten to Grade 6 at Canadian Schools are eligible to enter.
Prizes and Winners
There are ten (10) $50 prizes to be won.
Winners will be announced on November 7, 2019.
How to Enter
All entries must be submitted through the FOCUS! Halloween Costume Re-Creations Contest portal on the Kimberley Foundation website by no later than 11:59 pm PST on November 1, 2020.
There are a few rules for entering the contest.
(1) You must be eligible to enter (i.e. in Grade K-6 at a Canadian school).
(2) Your costume must be made ONLY from recycled materials or other items you find around the house. At a minimum, 90% of your costume must be considered “re-used or recycled”.
(3) YOU must make your costume. Your parents / teachers can help a bit but you should be the primary creator of your costume.
(4) When you submit your photo on our website you will need to also provide a brief description of what you made it out of, so keep track and make a list as you go along.
(5) Your costume must be suitable for a young audience. No profanity, nothing obscene, nothing disrespectful of others.
(6) You must have signed permission from a parent or guardian (have them download and sign the consent form on this page).
(7) Your entry must be received by us through our online FOCUS Halloween Costume Re-creations website by no later than 11:59pm on November 1, 2019.
There are three essential criteria that will be used to evaluate the Costume Re-Creations submitted to the FOCUS! Halloween Costume Re-Creations Contest :
The Board of Directors of the Kimberley Foundation will serve as the judges for the costume contest and retains final decision-making authority. All decisions are final. The Board also reserves the right to limit the number of prizes or to not make an award if the quality of submissions is deemed insufficient to merit recognition.
If you have any questions, please direct them to Ms. Sue Roppel, President, Kimberley Foundation, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank you for your interest in the Focus ! Halloween Costume Re-Creations Contest.